Report a Problem

Have a problem to report? Send us an email at or call us at 928.474.5257.

Problems & Solutions

Backup Problems

Homeowners are responsible for backups due to clogged service lines. This is the line from the house to the tap on the main line. If you have a sewer backup, you may contact the Northern Gila County Sanitary District. We will inspect our main sewer lines for blockages. The homeowner will need to contact a plumber to resolve service line backups. If it is after hours and an emergency, please contact the Payson Police Department at (928) 474-5177

Odor Problems

Odors inside the home can often be traced to dry P-Traps. P-Traps are a dip in the drain plumbing on any inside fixtures. The dip in the drain piping retains water in it, creating a seal of sorts, for air and odors. If fixtures are not used frequently the water seal can evaporate out and allow odor to enter the house.

If house plumbing fixtures are not going to be used for a while, either use R.V. antifreeze to fill P-Traps or 1/2 cup of vegetable oil dumped into each P-Trap will slow evaporation considerably. Adding water to any fixture drain weekly is sufficient to keep the trap full.

Roach Problems

Many people believe roaches enter homes from the sewer system when actually, roaches will enter homes looking for food and shelter. Roaches will find their way into our homes through cracks in doors and windows. Roaches like dark moist areas which make sink drains an ideal hiding place.

The District recommends that homeowners spray insecticide around their homes on a monthly basis to rid the residence of roaches. Homeowners may consider hiring a professional to spray their home each month.

If you see roach activity near any manholes, please contact the District.

2200 W. Doll Baby Ranch Rd.
Payson, AZ 85541

Mon-Fri 7am-4pm